Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, August 16, 2010

August 15, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 73

I got up early today to go to WalMart to buy tires for the Jeep. I was there on Saturday and knew they had the tires I wanted in stock. This morning I did what I should have done yesterday. I checked the build date. The tires were new but a year old already. I passed on buying them.

Yesterday I lamented not having my camera with me when I did a couple of caches along the river. I took my camera this morning and took the pictures. This one is Mark’s Big Head.













One looking up river from another cache location, and one of Black Eagle Dam and Falls.


We tuned into Church on the web this morning. I think this is the first time there were no glitches.

After Church Gerri and I drove out to the Buffalo Jump State park. It’s about 8 miles north of Great Falls. We saw a large Prairie Dog town and looked over the cliff where Indians drove buffalo over the edge to kill them.




I did a nearby cache and we drove to the visitor’s center. We were able to look back at the cliffs from an area where Tipi’s were set up.

I did another cache near the visitor’s center and we headed back to town. I did a couple of caches in or near the town of Ulm. One was at a trap range the other was near the Missouri River.




I went to see Glenna at about 7 and we were able to tune in the webcast from the Oakey Blvd. Church. We did have to sit in the dining room. The signal doesn’t always come in at her room or the day room across the hall. I took some pictures around the home.


At about 8:30 I went back to the RV Park and Gerri fixed eggs and hash for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment