Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 30, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 88

Wow! I missed a day. It started raining on Saturday evening and only quit for short periods of time until Monday afternoon.

I don’t remember for sure but I think I only went outside once Sunday and that was to drain the black tank. I’ll say again that on these rainy days it’s very easy to sleep in. Sunday we did get up in time to tune in the webcast of Church service from Oakey Boulevard. The internet connection wasn’t the best and the webcast feed stalled a lot. It’s odd that when we have more than one computer on they aren’t synchronized. The sound is much louder on my desk computer than it is on the laptop or notebook, but it’s fastened down and hard to see from other seats. We usually turn on the laptop so it can be seen and the desk top so we can hear.

I don’t know if I mentioned it before, but Glenna had broken a tooth off her upper denture a week or so ago. On Thursday after she came home I called a denture clinic and made an appointment to take the dentures and tooth in on Monday morning. When we were eating lunch on Sunday I felt something hard in my tuna sandwich while chewing. It was my lower left bridge. This is the first time I ever had one come loose.

Like I said none of us went out for very long on Sunday, in evening we watched the Church services again, but the webcast stopped at the end of the message. It all worked out because we had taken Communion in the morning.

Sean called wanting me to play World of Warcraft, I put him off until after we ate. He said meet him on line, but I never saw him log on. I played for awhile and went to bed.

We were blessed with more rain during the night. It wasn’t a driving rain with wind so sleeping was easy with the patter on the roof.

I couldn’t sleep in on Monday because of the appointment to take my Mom’s dentures for repair. It was really cool out with occasional rain. More like December in Las Vegas than what I imagined August in Montana to be. They said they couldn’t reattach the old tooth. They had to make a new one and attach it, saying it would be done about noon. The lady at the denture clinic gave me the name and location of a dentist nearby. I went there and they made an appointment for me to come in at 12:30.

I ran some errands. There was paperwork to pickup at Missouri River Manor so I did that and thanked them again for their care. I returned some items that Glenna didn’t need to the medical supply store. I then went and found a nearby cache that had been replaced by the owner.

Daring me, I had another tuna salad sandwich for lunch. After brushing my teeth I left and went for the dental appointment. After filling out forms, answering a bunch of medical questions and several x-rays the dentist examined the bridge and my teeth that it had been attached to. The dentist said that the bicuspid had broken off but the structure looked good so he didn’t know why it broke. He also said it could have been broken for a long time and the cement on the molar finally gave away. The options were to make a new bridge or to cement the old one back in place. The first being was the best solution and the second, well second best. He did say that cementing the bridge back in should last for quite awhile. Since we are leaving the area on Monday, I opted for just cementing the bridge back in.

I picked up Glenna’s repaired upper plate. I thought it was ironic that it cost three times as much to reinstall an existing bridge than it did to make a new tooth and put it on the upper plate. I guess it costs more if they have to stick fingers in your mouth.

We just hung out until supper time and then bed time. Gerri fixed a great meal, chicken with gravy and rice, bean salad and fresh corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment