Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday, August 7, 2013, Kearney, NE.

I got up at 7:30 but since we only planned to drive about 300 miles, I didn't get in a hurry to leave.  Gerri slept in late, unusual for her.  After having coffee and some computer time we got under way at about 10.  

Our planned route was east on I-80 just like the last two days.  We decided on Kearney, NE as our destination for the day.  We stopped at a rest stop that had a geocache but it started raining before I started searching.  We drove on , it only rained for about an hour.  At another rest stop I found two caches, one had a couple of travel bugs so I picked them up.  At another rest stop I picked up two more travel bugs.

We decided to stay the night at the Walmart in Kearney.  We fot there at about 5 PM.  We picked up a few items at the store.  I spoke to the manager about staying in the lot overnight.  I parked where the manager directed.  The lot wasn't very level and when I started to put down the leveling jacks I noticed two holes just the size of the jack feet.  and decide the pavement was two thin.  That ruled out putting out the large slide.
We saw a Nebraska Sunset, this wasn't it.  This one came from the internet, but Kerney is the Sandhill Crane capital of the world shown in this pic.


I started checking things on the computer and Gerri started dinner.  Just about 30 seconds running the microwave the power went off.  I fired up the generator and Gerri finished warming up the left over from Louis' Basque corner.  During supper we decided to go to an RV park.  I made a call to the Kearney RV Park and got the address.  The problem was the park was at 1140 1st Street and I went to 1140 1st Avenue,  After a little delay we got to the park.  What nice people, they directed us to our site in the older section of the park.  The difference between the new and old sections was the new had concrete pads as opposed to gravel drives.  The pace was 100' long and very wide.  We were set up for the night by 8:00 PM.

TV and computer time rounded out the evening.  We only plan to drive to Des Moines tomorrow so there is no hurry getting underway in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment