Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Monday, August 26, 2013, Decatur, IN

We are drop ins here at the Fleetwood Service Center.  But we still were awakened by the sound of diesel engines before six.  The techs start to take those coaches into the shop that have appointments at 6 AM.  Since we are drop ins that didn't include us.  Since we were awake I made coffee.  Gerri is feeling worse with her diverticulitis problem.  She took prescribed medication and stayed in bed and slept most of the day and evening.

I downloaded another ten nearby caches and went out and found five.  On the way home I stopped at Walmart for a few items including another runner for under the dinette table. I gassed up the Jeep at at he Murphy Station at Walmart.  There is a 3 cent discount for using a Walmart gift card.  An interesting side bar is that Ask about buying a cash card at the Walmart in Celina and using my Master Card to pay for it.  The manager told me that that wasn't allowed by law.  I didn't press her on the statute number.  Later I went back to the same store for a couple of items and told the cashier I wanted a $500 cash card she loaded the card and I swiped my Master Card.  The lesson is ask a worker not a stupidvisor.

After gassing up the Jeep I stopped  by the Fleetwood Parts Department and picked up a new water filter cartridge.  I then went by the service department to see if there was any idea when the coach might go in the shop.  They still had no idea except maybe Wednesday.

Back at the coach Gerri was still in bed.  I found the water filter case wrench and started to replace the filter.  You do know that with me no job is easy, don't you?  The filter was way beyond the hand tightened that the instructions recommend.  When I got it loose I realized from the spray in my face that I had forgotten to turn the water off before starting the job.  Do you realize how long it takes the message to get from the face to the brain and to the finger that has to turn of the water pump?  Needless to say I was soaked by the time I got the filter apart.  After my soaking the job was easy and with no incident.

Gerri had been on a liquid diet all day, water cranberry juice and chicken broth.  I made my supper from things I found in the fridge.

I was in bed by 11.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that Gerri is a bit under the weather. I'll be at the service center on the 20th of Sep. for my appointment on the 23rd. Hope you are not still there even though I would love to get to visit with you guys!

    ReplyDelete