Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tuesday, August 27, 2013, Decatur, IN

Either Iwas sleeping soundly or there weren't as many coaches that started moving at 6 AM.  Maybe that should have been a clue.  At nine a technition called and told us that they were ready to statr work on our coach. I had been up for awhile but we had to hustle and get the coach ready to move.  We had put out the carpets, coffee table, etc.  In other words we were set for living not moving.

Once in the shop gerri waited in the customer lounge and I walked through my list with a couple of techs.  They got started on the coach and I grabbed some coffee.

Gerri wasn't feeling any better.  We had already decided that if she wasn't better today she would go see a doctor.  By ten we were at the emergency room of the local hospital.  The doctor ordered some tests that were going to take an hour or so before they started them.  I made some phone calls letting Gerri's Mother know what was going on.

One of the techs called and gave me an update on what they were going to do, check the adjustment on the large slide and take the topper awning off and repair some torn stitching and replace it on the roller properly. They were going to take care of replacing the seals on the slides and check out some other problems.

I left the hospital and ran a few errands, including going back to the coach and taking my medicine.  The tech told be they were working until 4:30 today and would repark the coach in our assigned spot.

Gerri called and told me that she was being admitted and gave me a room number.  I went back to the hospital arriving at the room just after Gerri did.  The doctors wanted her ther a couple of days.  The test showed several pockets of infection but no perforations.  The treatment planned was pain relief and antibiotics to clear up the infections.

I got back to Fleetwood at about 4:50.  I don't know how much the got done.  The bedroom sliding doors were fixed and the topper awning on the large slide seemed to be tauter.  The only obvious item left undone was thew seals on the inside of the large slide, the front passenger  side slide  and the control panel for the rear toilet.  The part for the toilet control panel had been ordered after we arive here on Friday.

I spoke to a couple of our neighbors and there was a gathering of about 20 discussing coach travails and swapping stories.  That meeting lasted until dark.

I talked to Gerri on the phone.  She had slept some and wasn't feeling any worse.  I grAttesome chees and fixed myself some quesadillas for supper.  Afte that I watched some TV and caught up on Facebook and e-mail.  Not knowing what time the tech wanted the coach in the morning, I set an alarm for 5 AM and went to beat abound 11.


No comments:

Post a Comment