Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday, August 25, 2013, Decatur, IN

Gerri and I were both up most of the night with some sort of stomach problems.  I finally got back to sleep and was in bed until 10 AM.

We had our coffee and stayed around the coach until time for Church services.  We tuned into the services from Oakey Blvd. via the internet.  The connection was poor but we managed to hear the singing and Randy's message and participate in the Lord's Supper.

I forgot to write in yesterday's blog that I went to get ice and the handle pulled loose on our new refrigerator .  After Church I figured out how it fastened to the drawer. Once I knew how to fasten the handle on and had the proper tools it was a pretty easy fix.

In the afternoon we went to Walmart and picked up some new throw rugs and runners, including  a floor mat to protect the carpet by my computer area.

Some time in the late afternoon I decided to go out and try to find a few geocaches.  I had downloaded the closest 10 and found two on Saturday, today I found four and didn't find one.  I also hadn't searched for one that was off in the woods through high weeds and didn't look for another that hadn't been found for awhile.  That only left one on my list and it was getting dark.  The cache was in a cemetery which is only open during the day time.


On the way back to the coach I called Gerri and we decided that I would pick up burgers and fries at Arnold's Drive In.  Arnold's is a 50's style drive in with car hops on skates.    I choose the "Blue Moon" a hamburger with bacon and blue cheese.  The burger was good, but not in the same class as the Copper Kettle in Dubuque, IA or Schuler's in Marshall, MI.

Arnold's Drive In, Decatur, IN










We tuned in to the evening service from Oakey Blvd. until the connection got too bad to tolerate.  Gerri went to the bedroom early and watched TV.  I watched some recorded westerns and went to bed at about 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment