Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, August 9, 2013

Thursday, August 8, 2013, Waukee, IA

I was up and having coffee by 8.  I never saw the sun come up, it just got a brighter gray.

Our planned route today is I-80 to and then to the Timberline RV Park in Waukee, IA.  I sent them a reservation request on line before leaving the park in Kearney, NB.  While we were traveling the RV park called and confirmed the reservation. 

We left the RV park at 9, but stopped at a nearby Shell station for diesel.  We were soon on the way east on I-80.  As usual there were several stretches of road construction and generally the road was worse than west of Kearney.

Along the way we stopped at a rest stop in Nebraska and I found my last cache in Nebraska for this trip.  We also stopped at an Iowa rest stop and I found two and didn't find one.

We arrived at the RV Park and checked in by 5 PM.  We didn't get a site with sewer.  Before we head for Dubuque we will have to use the dump station because the park in Dubuque only has power hookup.

Supper used up the last of our left overs with a ham steak.  Very good and filling.

TV and computer finished the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment