Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tuesday, August 6, 2013, Laramie, WY

Sunrise in West Wendover, NV
We got up with an alarm at 6 AM, Mountain Daylight Time.  We had coffee and did a little computer time before getting ready to travel.  The picture you see is unusual for us.  We are seldom up for sunrise, most of my pictures of the sun are at sunset.

All we had to do was take in the slides, retract the leveling jacks and power cord.  We went to the adjacent Shell station and fueled up the motorhome.  After fueling the motorhome and hooking up the Jeep we pulled out of West Wendover at 7:30.


Our planned route today was east on I-80.  I set the GPS for Rock Springs which was our destination for the day before considering the stop in Des Moines.  There were a couple of steep inclines after we left Salt Lake City where I had to watch the R's and temperature gauge, forget the speedometer.  In spite of several construction zones the road was smooth.  Once out of Salt Lake City the grades were gradual and with the exception of the construction zones we were able to maintain my preferred speed of 60 mph.

After passing Rock Springs, I set the GPS for Cheyenne.  After awhile I realized that both of us were too tired to make it to Cheyenne, so we stopped at a KOA in Laramie for the evening.  We arrived at Laramie at about 5 and I fueled the coach before going to the RV park.

For supper we had our left overs from Sardina's which Gerri had frozen..  It was such a good meal and of course brought back memories of dinner with Gail and Kathleen last week in Reno.

I did walk up to the campground store and bought us some desert.  The choice was limited, I got Reese's Peanut Butter cups for Gerri and some Ice cream and popcorn for myself.

This is the first cool night since leaving Reno and we enjoyed the open windows during the evening in spite of some minor road noise from I-80.  This KOA is a cut above many where we have stayed.

We watched TV and caught up computer time and will retire early.  The plan for tomorrow is to travel about half way to Des Moines, so we didn't set an alarm.  I fueled the motorhome before parking and we didn't unhook the Jeep.  That will make getting underway quicker tomorrow.

We traveled over 500 miles today but all in all it was an easy day, good roads, good weather and little traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment