Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Monday, August 5, 2013, West Wendover, NV or Ut

We were up at 6:30.  I fixed coffee and we made quick checks of e-mail and Facebook.  I took the Jeep to the Chevron Station and gassed it up.  When I returned Gerri had the interior ready to go.  I hooked up the Jeep and unhooked the power cord.  We then went to the Chevron station and fueled up the motorhome.  We had last fueled up in Bakersfield so it took awhile, the service station only has the small automotive nozzle.  Up to this point we have averaged 6.89 mpg.  For some reason the fuel gauge isn't ready full even after slowly filling with the small nozzle.
Anew arrival at the RV park, in for Hot August Nights

Our route for the day and most of the week is east on I-80.  Mostly the road was smooth but there were long distances of one lane road due to construction.  We saw very few workers, even though we had to slow down.

We stopped at a Subway in Elko and had Tuna subs for a late lunch.

Our original plan was to make it to Wells.  As I said yesterday Gerri wants to stop in Des Moines so we tried to go further and made it to West Wendover, NV.  The RV section of the Wendover Nugget is actually in Utah.  Gerri had looked up the RV park and it showed a nightly rate of $12.  Shame on me for not checking before we parked and hooked up.  When I registered the price was $55.  The $12 was a daily breakdown of the monthly rate.  After a long day and being sweaty from hooking up, I paid the price.  I wonder if we can use enough electricity to make it worth it.  I did give them a poor review on RVParkReviews.com.  Actually if the price was more reasonable this would be a good overnight stopping spot.

We have to make it further tomorrow to allow for the night in Des Moines.  I tried to update my travel log on Excel but some of the cells wouldn't accept entries.  I'll keep track of mileage etc. on paper until I can get with Curtis and figure out the problem.

After paying up and cooling off I downloaded a nearby cache and went for it.  I was in luck and found it in spite of the GPS reading bouncing around.  This will be my last cache in Nevada on this trip and it makes my 4100th find.

We watched a DVR recording of the the Oak Ridge Boy's Gospel Hour, followed by some other recordings and called it a night at 10:30 MDT.



No comments:

Post a Comment