Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Monday, August 12, 2013, Charlotte, MI

We only have 250 miles to go today so we didn't set an alarm.  We got up about 7:30 and started our day with coffee and some computer time.  I know you must get the impression that we spend a lot of time on the computer and I guess we do.  We do many things on the computer.  I check our finances; both our credit cards and the credit union.  Even with our lifestyle of traveling we must stay on budget.  We pay most of our bills online and I keep track of those too. E-mail and Facebook also let us keep up with friends and relatives and let them know where we are and how we are doing.

We left Joliet at 9:30 and headed east on I-90.  I have always kept my GPS set to route us around toll roads.  There were some stretches of highway that weren't Interstate.  Of course there were the usual construction zones and one tie up that lasted for an hour or so.  We stopped at one rest area and I found my first Michigan cache for this trip.

We arrived at Spartan Motors in Charlotte, MI at about 2:45.  I checked in with the service department after parking the motorhome.  We have to be ready for the coach to go in at seven.

After a rain storm I went to Walmart to pick up a few items.

Gerri fixed pork chops and corn on the cob for supper.  After some TV and computer time we called it a night at 10::40.  Oh, and then we found out we are now on Eastern time zone.




No comments:

Post a Comment