Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wednesday, August 28, 2013, Decatur, IN

I got up at 5 AM with the alarm, I wanted to be ready in case they came for the coach.  Properly at 6 AM Mike was at the door.  I think it's a sign that you have been at the service center too long when you get on first name basis with the techs.

After the coach went in I got a briefing of what was happening, we have a way to go yet.  I decided to have breakfast at the Community Market.  As I headed there I was traveling directly east.  The sun came up as a huge red ball.  I see more sunsets than sunrises so I was quite impressed.  At the restaurant in the Community Market I had biscuits and gravy with two eggs.  The food hit the spot and the coffee was very good.

When I went to the hospital, Gerri was feeling a little better.  A nurse came in and talked to us about the possibility of a colonoscopy.  She said that a doctor would be around later to talk to Gerri about that.

After I left the hospital I went to find some caches.  Both were in cemeteries.  I couldn't find a road to get to the first and found the second one easily.

Back at the service center, I talked to the tech and found out that there were only a few items still to go.  They will remove the awning over the full slide tomorrow and send it out to be restitched.  They are still waiting for the control panel for the rear toilet.  Work ends today at 4:30 PM.

Back to the hospital.  Both the hospitalist and the surgeon had seen Gerri.  At this point the plan is to keep treating her to get rid of the inflammation and then release her with a prescription for antibiotics but no colonoscopy was advised at this stage while she is still healing.

Back at Camp Decatur I visited with some neighbors, watched some TV and was in bed by 11:30 with an alarm set for 5 AM..

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Gerri is improving and that work is progressing on your coach. It doesn't appear you will still be there when I get there on the 20th. :-)

    ReplyDelete