Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Wednesday, August 14, 2013, Celina, OH

When we got up at 6 AM, it was 60 degrees in our bedroom. At about 2:30 I noticed that the power was off in the coach.  I checked and there was no AC power indicated and the battery level was at 11.8 volts  Way too low.  When I got up at 6 I had to start the GenSet to brew our coffee.  Jack picked up the coach at a little after 7.  We went to the customer lounge and caught up on our computer time.

At about 9:45 I went out to find a few caches, I found six and didn't find two.

Our coach was brought out at about noon but it was another hour before our bill was tallied up.  We left Charlotte, MI at 1:30.  The drive to Celina, OH is 139 miles and we should have arrived at about 4:30.. As it turns out in Van Wert, OH I missed a detour sign  A little further down the road there were two semis stopped by three highway patrolmen.  I got past them, none of the three were directing traffic around the stop.  A little further down the road were signs that the road ended due to construction.  The road closed sign was past the last turn around spot at a golf course entrance.  I waited until a truck driver got his semi turned around and unhooked the Jeep.  I had to back up the coach about 300 yards to the golf club entrance.  It wasn't too hard because of the lines on the highway to guide me.  We got the Jeep hooked back up.  A deputy sheriff stopped and gave me directions back to the highway past the road closure.  When we got back to downtown Van Wert  I saw the signs about the detour near the fair grounds.  

I had called Kevin and let him know we wouldn't be there until after he closed.  He told me where to park.  We got to his shop in Celina at 6 Pm and parked and set up at about 7.

I met a couple of our neighbors.  We had a message from Sean yesterday and he had ask that we call him at 7:30.  Since he is in Texas that was 8:30 Eastern time.  It took a while to get connected with Sean.  We had a good conversation.  Sean has become quite a communicator,  he is a pleasure to talk to.  He is set to transfer to a home in Reno, NV on the 26th.  Once there he will be able to visit family on weekends.  Before he leaves Austin, Curtis and family plan to give him a going away party.  As soon as a bed is available he will transfer to a group home in Seattle.

We had our left overs from Schuler's for supper along with corn on the cob left over from Dubuque.

At 11:00 it was bed time.  Kevin opens his shop at 8 AM so we have to get up at 7.


No comments:

Post a Comment