Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, August 16, 2013

Thursday, August 15, 2013, Celina, OH

The old is out, John checking the space
We had the alarm set for 7 AM.  When we got up it was 64° in the bedroom.  Very comfortable temperature for sleeping but we had to be up.  We didn't know what our schedule was to be.  John came at a little after eight wanting to take the coach into the shop. We were originally scheduled to be here yesterday.  The plan was to start with the largest job first so we could stay in the coach during the evening.
The old fridge out of the coach, it took four men to maneuver it 

The first order of business was to empty the Norcold.  Kevin had a fridge and freezer available for this purpose.  To get the old fridge out and the new one in through the door they had to remove the screen door, the front seats and the overhead TV.  While John and Kevin removed the Norcold and installed the new Samsung, Gerri and I waited in the lounge.  Our internet connection wasn't good but we managed to catch up e-mail and Facebook.  Gerri's games were a different story.
High tech protection was in place to protect the woodwork

During the removal of the Norcold and installation of the Samsung, I took pictures and have included some of the key ones.  Most of the rest are on my wall on Facebook.

Gerri and I drove down to the Kozy Korner Kampground to see if we wanted to go to there over the weekend for the full hook ups.  After checking it out we decided that we would stay at Kevin's and dump at the fair grounds as needed.  After checking out the RV park we went to the La Carretta Mexican Bar and Grill for a late lunch.  This has been out favorite restaurant in Celina for years.  We were disappointed in the food.  We had always raved about the fare here, but this year it wasn't up to the standard we expected.
Ready to install

After lunch I dropped Gerri off at the library so she could have a better internet connection.  I went back to Kevin's and loaded some nearby geocaches on my GPSR's.  I also went by the nearby Jeep dealership and made an appointment for service on tire rotation at 8 AM tomorrow.
t only took about an hour to get to the ideal temp

Kevin and john finished up the installation of the new refrigerator except for some wood trim.  Before picking up Gerri at the library I put our stuff into the new fridge.  I'm sure Gerri will rearrange things later.  The refrigerator section is much larger, but what we had pretty much filled the freezer section.  By the time we got back Kevin was closing up and had our coach out and hooked up at the end of the shop.  We visited with our neighbors, other customers of Kevin's until almost sunset.
All in except the wood trm

Some TV and computer time finished the evening.









1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were switching to a residential refrigerator. I had it done last fall and I love my new Samsung. I think Gerri will love it.

    ReplyDelete