Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Tuesday August 4, 2015 Menifee, CA

A beautiful clear day.  Of course it promises temperatures in the high 90's.  We did our regular morning routine of coffee while catching up on Facebook, e-mail and other computer stuff.

I re-read some of the log entries on caches I hadn't found yesterday.  In the early afternoon I went back and found two that eluded me.  I can't believe I didn't find them the first time I looked.  Neither were any thing I hadn't seen before.  One I went back to remains a did not find.  On one of the caches nearest the park I noticed a log by GaryAZ.  GaryAZ is the name our friends Gary and LuVerne Underhill use while caching.  They were here at Wilderness Lakes in March.  We met them at an RV rally in Gillette, Wyoming in 2005 and haven't seen them for a couple of years.

Back at the coach I caught up on some paper work.  The power went off in our area of the park for about 30 minutes.  Fortunately it was back on before the coach got warm enough to need to start the generator for power to run the air conditioning units.  The literature passed out by the park warned about the possibility of brownouts or other outages.

My 1st Road Trip 2015 souvenir 
This is the 15th anniversary of Geocaching.  There are a few rewards for caching; you get to see a lot of places others don't bother with and you meet some great people.  Ground Speak, the company behind geocaching, has also developed a series of badges and souvenirs.  This year they are promoting a geocaching road trip and awarding various souvenirs for finding certain types of caches.  We attended a geocache event in Temecula, a meet and greet that qualified me for one of the 6 road trip souvenirs.  The event was at the Temecula Library, about 15 miles from Wilderness Lakes.  There were 4 other cachers besides us. There were a couple of others who were there to see what geocaching is about.  There was also a Girl Scout troop there to learn about caching to work on their Geocaching badges.  This was a typical meet and greet with introductions and exchange of travel bugs.  I discovered
The souvenir we earned tonight
27 travel bugs that were there.  The Temecula Valley Geocachers meet at the library every month and all the employees know about caching,  There were two caches in the library to find, I found them both.









After the geocaching event we went to a nearby restaurant called the Lazy Dog.  We were asked if we had ever been there before, we hadn't.  That earned us a free appetizer, it was like a pizza shell with butter and garlic.  Gerri had the vegetable lasagna and I had a pizza with Cajun blackened chicken and blue cheese.  Both were very good and we took home left overs.

After eating we went to Costco for a few items.  I found another lamp post skirt cache before we left the Costco parking lot,  I have now found a total of 4906 geocaches.

Back at the coach we read for awhile before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment