Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Monday August 24, 2015 Morgan Hill, CA

We relaxed with our coffee, computers and the morning TV shows most of the morning.  Tv here is all via DirecTV.  The OTA antenna only picks up one channel and that one is in Spanish.

We had a lunch of a small quiche each.  After lunch Gerri and Alice went to the grocery store.  Keith was working.  I went geocaching.  The two closest to the park I didn't find.  I found one other near the park.  The low fuel light came on, I went into town and filled it up.  I found four and looked for three others before heading back to the coach.
An areial view of the Thouand Trails Morgan Hill


We sat out with Keith and Alice until dinner time.  Actually a very late dinner, it was after 8 when we ate.  The crab cakes that Alice had served as hor d'oeuvres were filling.  For our dinner Gerri and I finished up the leftovers from Old Juan's and the meatball and salad.

It had seemed like a long day.  Gerri went to bed a little before 10.  I started updates on our account with Quicken, a program I use to track our spending.  I had noticed that the information hadn't been downloading from the credit card we use the most, it didn' again tonight.  Even though it was late I decided to call Barclay Card about it.  I noticed on line my account showed a different number than the card I was carrying.  After an hour on the phone with three different agents I was told that my card is being replaced because of  security breach.  No one could or would explain what that meant, only that a new card was issued and I needed to activate that card because the one I carry would stop working during the first week of September.  They told me a letter had been sent explaining that and a new card had been sent.  It took quite awhile for them to understand we were not home and would not be until mid September.   I got nowhere talking to them for most of the time.  Finally they did agree to send me new cards via FedeX here to the RV park in Morgan Hill.  Those cards will arrive on Wednesday.  I don't understand why they can notify me by text when there is a questionable charge and by e-mail when my bill is due but they use snail mail to tell me something as important as my card being replaced.  After I get the new cards I will have to spend a considerable amount of time notifying my recurring automatic billers of the new card number.  I guess as long as there are idiots out there trying to breach every security this is the price honest people pay.
A river runs through it.  Ok, it's just a creek

After all that time on the phone I finally got to bed at about 11:30.  Of course all this had kept Gerri awake too.

The day was good, the evening slightly less good.  Tomorrow will be great.  We plan dinner with the Kerslake's.  Gerri already has the salmon from Alaska out.  I can almost taste it now, these ladies put together great meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment