Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Saturday August 15, 2015 Oceano, CA

Another cool sleeping night, the sheet and cover felt good.  We had our coffee and caught up on e-mail and Facebook.  From where I usually sit I could watch the activity of other RVers coming and going.

The internet connection using the Verizon MiFi, 3G LTE has not been good, nor was it good at Wilderness Lakes.  Consequently we have been using the 4G LTE JetPack for necessary communications.  We have an unlimited data plan on the MiFi but not on the JetPack.  We have had to increase our data limit three times.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with Verizon, trying to understand how to use the 4G and 3G at the same time.  I still don't understand.

For attending
a Meet n' Greet
Found on
Int. Geocaching day
In the afternoon I drove to a nearby town, Nipomo, to find some caches.  I choose that area because there was a puzzle cache there that would  earn me another 2015 Road Trip souvenir.  I have earned 3 of the six.  I probably won't get the other 3.  The other souvenirs I probably won't get.  Many people ask what I get out of caching.  The thought being there ought to be some type of prizes. There are few tangible rewards to caching. I get the reward of seeing different places, some places not many others go to.  I get the satisfaction of solving puzzles.  Of course there are bragging rights over cachers that haven't found as many caches as I have and that haven't earned the geocaching badges and souvenirs as I have.  Pretty small rewards, huh?
For finding
 a puzzle cache
For finding a
cache  with 10
favorite points









Nipomo foothills





The Nipoma foothills were to the west while I was caching.  The area had a lot of cows and horses in the dry looking pastures to the east were citrus groves.

I returned to the park after the office closed, so I wasn't able to pick up the mail we expected to arrive today.  The sun was very bright in the west so I had to pull the shade.  By the time I raised the shade I saw that we had missed the best sunset since we have been away from the coast in Oceanside.

Gerri prepared a dinner from left overs from two past meals.  She added cowboy beans and salad.  Gerri is world famous for making great meals from meager ingredients.

Another routine evening after supper.  This was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment