Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Tuesday August 11, 2015 Menifee, CA

A lazy morning.  We had our coffee and computer time.

We left the RV park at 12:45 to make it to my 1:30 appointment with Dr. Luna in Murrieta.  We talked about the pain I am experiencing and the x-rays I have already taken.  The diagnosis without more invasive tests is that I have a pinched nerve caused by degenerative disk disease.  I cannot take MRIs because of my pacemaker and some other test that involve dye injections are ruled out by my kidney disease.  A cortisone injection would require me being off my blood thinner for 7 days before the injection. Since we are planning to leave this area tomorrow that is ruled out.   Dr. Luna seemed to think that some improvement has occurred since the second week of July, that the situation may correct itself in 2-3 months.

After the doctor appointment we went to Nessy Burgers for an early supper.  Nessy's is a small hamburger stand at the intersection of CA-76 and I-15.  They have a limited but delicious menu.  http://www.nessyburgers.com/.


I looked for a cache near Nessys with no luck.  We stopped at Albertson's on the way back to the park for groceries.  For now we have decided to continue our trip, at least to Oceano, CA.  We will decide as we go whether to continue.

I went out and found a cache near the RV park and tried to get pictures of the sunset.  I think I missed the best of it.













The setting sun lit up the clouds in the east but the color didn't show in the pictures.


Some computer, TV and reading brought us to a 10 PM bedtime.  We want to get started tomorrow by 9 so that we get through LA after the heaviest traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment