Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, August 28, 2015

Thursday August 27, 2015 Morgan Hill, CA

Another beautiful morning here in Morgan Hill.  We had our coffee while catching up on e-mail and Facebook.  I also worked on some of the problems caused by Barclay issuing us new credit cards.  I also made the mistake of looking at some of our investment accounts. Ugly.

In the afternoon I went into Gilroy to try to find some geocaches. The owner of one of the caches I didn't find yesterday had e-mailed me with a new hint.  I went to that one first.  It eluded me as did 4 others during the day.  I found 5 caches, 4 of which were cleverly hidden.

After filling the Jeep's gas tanks I returned to the coach at about 4:45.  Gerri was busy with an online contest with her egg group.  I visited with Keith, Gerri and Alice joined us a little after 5.

Tonight for dinner Alice prepared some of our halibut, baked with a battered crust of pepita seeds. Gerri made a quinoa salad and brussel sprouts.  Along with Alice's coleslaw, it was another excellent meal.

The moon came up before dark.  It is waxing and will soon be full.  The moon was like a bright light hanging in the sky. It didn't photograph very well, but I have attached a couple of what I thought were interesting shots.  In the first picture the camera doesn't catch much detail of the moon.  In the second the flash doesn't reach the moon but lights up the cedar tree in our campsite.


Add caption










 Alice made a berry cobbler for desert.  It was very good.  Unfortunately Gerri can't tolerate the seeds.  After some more conversation the party broke up and we all retired to our separate homes.

Some reading,and a couple of episodes of Judge Judy and Gunsmoke finished off the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment