Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Wednesday August 6, 2914, Anacortes, WA


The refinery across the bay
We had no plans for the day so we slept in until about 9 AM.  I made coffee and we tried to catch up on e-mail and Facebook activities.

About mid-day I found a Walgreen store by doing an online search.  The store was in Anacortes, about 3 miles away.  I took my prescription bottles and put in an order to have them transferred and filled at this store.

I returned to the park and we got cleaned up for the farewell dinner at 6 PM.

Sunset on Fidalgo Bay 
The dinner was catered, we had prime rib, baked salmon, chicken Florentine accompanied by a vegetable medley and potatoes au gratin.
Ben and Nancy said a few words of goodbye. Then everyone took a turn making comments about the trip.  The order was our unit number in the caravan from highest to lowest.  That meant Gerri and I spoke last before the staff.  The comments and goodbyes were very emotional.  We had made good friends in the group.

Dale Christie had written a song titled Ben and Nancy.  He sang it to the tune of I Did It My Way.  (I couldn't get the video to load.)




Dale singing "Ben and Nancy"
The group had signed table runners which were given to the staff.

There were a lot more goodbyes before the tables were cleaned up and put away.

Some of the group continued to party on the club house patio, until midnight.  Gerri and I went back to the coach after the dinner and were in bed by 11.  We did set an alarm so we would be on time for a farewell breakfast.

Thanks, Ben and Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment