Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Saturday August 9, 2014 Mt. Vernon, WA

We got up and you can guess what I did to start the day.  At least two of you can guess.  One follower remarked that he didn't need to know we drank coffee every morning and another commented that we drink a lot of coffee.  If you didn't guess correctly; I started the day by making coffee and we drank it as the overcast burned away and the sun started pouring through the trees. A glorious morning.

I think we are now pretty accustomed to not being with the caravan.  We have been here at Mt. Vernon longer than we stopped at any place during our Canada/Alaska adventure.  We do miss the friends we made.

We spent much of the morning with computer chores.  I did get out and clean the some of the grime off the coach.  I have cleaned everything I can reach standing on the ground without a long handled mop. Well, everything but the wheels and tires.

Sherry and Jim Seward
We did get a call from an old friend and coworker. Jim Seward.  They are in Birch Bay for the summer.  Birch Bay is just a little north of Mt. Vernon.  They said they would be out and about this afternoon and we invited them to stop by later. I gave Jim my cell number and told him to call when he got to the gate and I would meet him there.  I went geocaching and after finding the 12th one I headed back to the park.  Before I left I stopped at the park gate and left his name there.  I had my phone in my pocket and didn't wear my hearing aids, so I didn't hear his call and drove past while they were getting directions at the welcome center.

We had a good visit.   After the Sewards left we just hung out and relaxed.  Jim has been retired over 20 years.  Although we had talked to Jim on the phone several times, we hadn't seen them since a rally in Winnemucca in either 2004 or 2005.  We talked about old friends both living and dead.  We talked for a couple of hours.  We talked about places we had been and things we have seen.

After they left we just hung out and relaxed.  I did talk to the couple who had parked in the space next to us.  They are from Marysville, WA just south of here.

Gerri made a delicious supper of tacos.  Some computer time and reading finished the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment