Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Saturday August 16, 204 Seaside, OR

This morning dawned with sunshine.  There was a marine layer to the west but it was sunny in the RV Park.  Today was our scheduled departure day.  After making coffee I went to the Ranger station and they were able to extend our stay until Monday morning.  The rangers here have been extremely helpful. Our original plan was to stay here a week but I was only able to get two nights on line.  The rangers are on top of cancellations and no shows and we have been able to stay all week.
Site 20 Seaside 1000 Trails Park


I got a call back from Walt Myers in Salem.  We will be visiting them next week.  We have decided to only stay in Newport for two days.  It is nearly 100 miles from Newport to Salem, so we made reservations for Wednesday through Friday at an RV Park in Salem.  We also changed our plans and instead of going home via I-5 and through Bakersfield we will be visiting Crater Lake.  We will then continue onto Reno and return to Las Vegas via US-95.
Sunset through the fog

Gerri choose to relax during the afternoon at the coach.  I went caching.  I took the camera with me in case I could get sunny shots in town.  I found 4 caches before returning to the coach. The sunlight never reached the town and by late afternoon it was foggy and cloudy again.

I did get a picture of the sun setting from our site.

Gerri fixed a salad to go with the left over Pasta and we had a good dinner.  We, mostly me, watched a couple of bad westerns on TV before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment