Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Friday August 8, 2014 Mt. Vernon, WA

This was our fourth day with no thumping.  We will gradually get used to not being with the caravan and the friends we made.  We are on our own again.

We slept in until 8 and I made us coffee.  It was overcast but the high fog was burning off.  In this RV Park the sites are among huge trees.  The sunlight is filtered in most areas making it seem darker than the day really is.  While having my coffee I opened the mail that Neva had forwarded to us.  I had made an initial culling of obvious junk on Wednesday.  Today I opened the remaining mail.  I threw away the things that didn't need attention.  I put that attention off until Monday.

We spent most of the day just hanging around.  We warmed up the last of the chili for lunch.  It's all gone just as it was reaching it's peak of flavor.  In the late afternoon I went caching.  I found four and saw that I was near a Camping World store.  A shopping I did go.  I bought two director type folding chairs with side trays.  The two that we got from Spartan 5 years ago are wearing out.  I threw one away before leaving Fidalgo Bay.  I found some spray on wipe off cleaner for the motorhome.  I also bought a new 10' hose to replace the one that started leaking.  That will save me getting out more hose when only a little is needed.
Barn in Elgin, WA

I returned to the coach.  On the way I spotted an old barn that was unobstructed by wires.  I stopped and took pictures with my phone.  Gerri was still in her PJs.  She assured me she had combed her hair and brushed her teeth.  She had been on the computer working with her egg group.  All is not well in the egg world and she is trying to get things sorted out, rifts healed and get the group back on track.

A side view, the part with the red roof is still in use

I spent some time making places for the things I bought in the storage bays and throwing out the items I had replaced.

Gerri had thawed some shrimp that we bought in Anchorage.  The vendor called them side stripe shrimp.  The shrimp were already pink and white, they looked cooked when they were raw.  She fixed a salad and sauteed the shrimp in butter, olive oil, garlic and other seasonings.  She guessed at the cooking time just right.  The shrimp were delicious.  The only hassle was peeling them.  I'm not sure how many she cooked, but we had a large pile of shells when we finished.

Some reading and computer time finished the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment