Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Wednesday August 13, 2014 Seaside, OR

Welcome to Seaside
 It rained most of the night.  It wasn't raining when we started our coffee.  It was overcast and foggy. We spent some time on the computers catching up with e-mail and Facebook.  We had no real plans for the day until the afternoon.

I called Thousand Trails reservations to try to stay at Seaside longer but was told the park is booked solid.  I will check tomorrow again before we leave.

I also got a call back from Medicare.  My call yesterday had been referred up the line for resolution.  The resolution was more excuses and the revelation of an additional penalty for our income.  Medicare doesn't call it a penalty, they call it an "Income Related Adjustment."  I had to send them another check before they would resume the automatic deductions from our credit union account.  I don't think illegal aliens and scammers have as much trouble with Medicare and the Social Security Administration as I do.  It seems people that don't pay or never paid into the system reap all the benefits and we not only pay Part A and B, but are further penalized because of our income.  Excuse me, we are "Income Related Adjusted" on Parts A, B and D.
Grey day at Seaside

We went to Staples in Warrentown and got some ink for the printer and then to a Home Depot for a couple of C-clamps.  I plan on gluing some trim back on and need them to hold the trim in place while the glue dries.  There was a LPS cache in the Home Depot parking lot, I logged that one #4501.  There was a Verizon store across the highway so we dropped  in there to get my phone screen cleaned and asked a couple of questions about the service.  That done, we then picked up a few items at Costco.  I looked at new laptops but decided to wait.


My Combo Plate
 We returned to Seaside and went to the older town area for an early supper.  Dooger's had been recommended as having good oysters.  Gerri doesn't like them, but I enjoy eating them.  Gerri ordered an appetizer version of the Razor Clams as that was a recommendation at another restaurant in the area just to try them and a bowl of Clam Chowder.  I ordered a seafood combination plate (which included oysters) and a cup of Clam Chowder.  The Razor clams were tough and Gerri ask the waitress about them. The waitress said they were out of season and had been frozen, so that may be the reason for being tough.   Gerri didn't order a replacement because we had also had a late lunch.  I enjoyed
Razor Clam Appetizer
everything on my plate.  We both thought the clam chowder soup was the best we had eaten in a long time. The waitress took half the charge off the bill.  My food was great but I ordered too much.  I now have leftovers for tomorrow.

Even though we drove through the downtown area, the weather wasn't conducive to very much sightseeing.

Back at the coach it was computer time, TV and reading until calling it a night.  It was our usual day coffee in the morning and eating the rest of the day with some caching and egg hunting thrown in.

I had an inbox message from Eric Fricker, a retired coworker.  We had hoped to visit them when we went to Newport.  Turns out they are traveling and are in Salt Lake City, ultimately headed to Florida for the winter.

It had sprinkled some during the afternoon.  It started to rain in earnest at about 9:30.  We heard it until going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment