Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, August 15, 2014

Thursday August 14, 2014 Seaside, OR

The morning was grey.  I don't know how high fog rises but we couldn't see very far either horizontally or vertically.

This was pretty much another down day.  Gerri did several loads of wash.  We both had our coffee and caught up on computer activity.

For lunch I had my left overs from Dooger's.  Everything heated up well in the microwave except the french fries, they got soggy.  We both had fresh peaches that Gerri bought yesterday at Costco.  They were white peaches, ripe to perfection.

In the late afternoon I went geocaching.  I found one that I had looked for twice before.  I went back again because some one had logged it earlier today.  The next one eluded me as it had a previous cacher.  I found the next three.  Well, I had help on one.  I was searching and two more cachers came by.  We joined in the search and trying to figure out the hint and previous logs.  The young man of the other pair spotted it.  It was very cleverly hidden.  After finding the cache all the comments and the hint became clear.

While out I mailed my latest extorted tribute to Obama Care.  An "Income Related Adjustment" in my Medicare Part D premium,  read that as a penalty for saving and earning.  I guess this is a way for the libtards to redistribute wealth and pay for the freeloaders health care.

At about 6 the sun started poking through the clouds and fog, I even saw my shadow several times.  I returned to the coach.  By sunset most of the fog had dissipated.  I watched the sky change as the clouds moved and the sun settled toward the horizon.  What a reflection of God's glory!  Just a small sample of the paradise that he promises to the faithful.

I tried to reach an old friend and co-worker, Walt Myers.  He lives in Salem and we want to visit while we are in Newport.  Neither number that I had for him worked.  Gerri sent an e-mail to the last address we had.  We are waiting for replies.  This may turn out to be like the other friend we contacted in Newport.  They are in Salt Lake City, traveling east.

We had dinner late.  Gerri made a delicious pasta and salmon dish.  There was plenty left over for another meal.

TV, Judge Judy and Gunsmoke, and reading rounded out the evening.  We were in bed by 11:30.  We didn't do much but it was another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment