Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tuesday August 12, 2014 Seaside, OR

The day started grey.  With fog covering the hilltops east of us and the area east of us toward town.  We had our coffee while checking out computer activities.  Gerri is hunting hard in her new egg group.

I decided it was time to wade through the bills and other things that needed attention.  We got our mail last week.  I had culled through it to see what needed to be considered but put off really doing anything with it until today.  Some of the bills and late notices merely took checking on line and making sure they had been paid either by the Credit Union or by Mastercard.  Some I will just put off until we get home.  The worst was the call to CMS to see why they hadn't deducted Gerri's Medicare premiums from the Credit Union account.  After an hour on the phone I knew exactly zero more.  The agent upgraded my request to the next level and promised me a phone call back within 48 hours.  In the mean time I ended up taking the easy way out and mailed a payment to catch up the amount in arrears.  Very frustrating.  The second worse was a call to Cox to see why I got a late notice when our bill is supposed to be collected automatically using our Mastercard.  They didn't have my new card number on file.  My card had been replaced in April after I lost it in Tahiti.  Seems like Cox doesn't notify of late payments until they can add more fees and penalties.  I paid the overdue amount and ask for a waiver of the late fees and penalties.  The agent waived those fees and the fee for making the payment to a live person.  I didn't know about that one.  It didn't hurt to ask for the waiver, it saved over $40.  I still had to go on line to change the credit card number.  Another two items were frustrating; there were also bills that should have been collected automatically from my Mastercard.  When I called my accounts were up to date.  There was no explanation why I got the notices.

Gerri was doing wash so I went out to find some geocaches.  The first one was in an area where I didn't see parking within easy or safe walking distance.  I found three bringing my total finds to 4500.  There was one cache I didn't find.  Doing caches in Seaside involved crossing three bridges over a canal of some type that runs through the town.  Quite a few people were fishing from all the bridges.  I saw a couple of people pulling in what looked to me like wire baskets.  I have no idea what if anything the were catching.

We didn't take any pictures today so I have included one I don't think I posted before.  It is out tour group at the Athabasca Glacier.  The others are a video we got from Craig Munson of whale activity during our tour from Haines, AK to Juneau, AK and a bear video from Hyder.










The day remained grey and windy.  Earlier in the day I had called Thousand Trails Reservations and got our stay here extended one day.  I plan to call back tomorrow and try to get it extended more.  When I walked to the Ranger Station to get new paper work the Ranger said to check with him before hooking up, he might be able to extend our stay too.  The Rangers here are the most accommodating that I have met in the Thousand Trails system.

We made good use of the newly restored TV reception.  We watched Judge Judy and Gunsmoke episodes before and after dinner.  A problem occurred with some of the Gunsmoke episodes. They cut off before the end. or didn't record.  I guess it was the spotty service we had once we got into Canada.


It started to rain heavily at about 9 and continued past our bedtime at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment