Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tuesday August 26, 2014 Verdi, NV

We are really in the "end of the trip mode."

After the rain storm in Verdi
We didn't get up and have our coffee until after 9.  We didn't do much in the morning.

I did check for nearby caches that I hadn't found. There was a new one near the Lotto Store, 477' away.  I walked over there but wasn't able to find it using my iPhone.  A little later I loaded the coordinates on my GPS and walked over there again.  No luck this time either.  I logged it as a DNF.  Sometimes a cache owner will contact me after a DNF log.  This one hasn't done that yet.  Oh well, it's not like this was my first DidN't Find it.

At three we went to Kathleen's.  She was supposed to get off at 3:30 to take Shannon to an Improv session.  We visited with Shannon and Sean until Kathleen got home.  Maddy was out for a job interview.  We will catch up with her later.  Mostly we visited with Shannon, Sean was engrossed in an online computer game with a friend.

Gerri and Kathleen took Shannon to Improv and I went to a nearby CVS to get a prescription filled.  I didn't have any refills left so they have to fax Dr. Wirtz's office.

Shannon
After dropping Shannon off Gerri and Kathleen came back to the house and we visited for an hour or so.  Kathleen had a dish to take to a potluck so we agreed to pickup Shannon.  After picking up Shannon we stopped at a Dickey's BBQ Pit and had  BBQ for dinner.  They have free serve yourself soft ice cream so we all had a cone.

We dropped Shannon off at the house and returned to the RV Park.  It was twilight but I decided to clean up the Jeep.  That took until dark.  I will see how well I did in the morning light.

We spent some time on the computer and reading before going to bed at about 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment