Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday July 20, 2011


The RR tracks are just beyond the bushes at the end of the road

Another hot humid day.  I cleaned up the Jeep while it was still shady.  Even in the shade I was drenched in sweat by the time I finished.  After cooling off, I went geocaching for a little while.  I got two nearby caches
At about 3 PM I emptied the outside refrigerator and mopped the water out of it.  With the humidity during the past few weeks there was a lot of water and it had begun to smell stale.
In the late afternoon the shade came on the front of the coach and in spite of the heat I cleaned the front of the coach.  The front catches a lot of bugs and takes a long time to clean, especially the part above the windshield.
By the time I finished the front of the coach, Gerri had supper ready.  We had leftovers from the La Careta in Charleston, thanks to Lottie we had a lot of chicken fajita meat and vegetables to add to my leftover combo fajitas.
After supper I took a shower.  This RV Park is on a well.  I didn't notice the taste when I had three glasses of water with supper, but the sulpher smell while I was showering made my eyes water. 

At about 7:30 our friends, Carl and Joyce came over and we played a dice game called (CLR, Center, left, right) until about 10 o'clock.  Carl went away the winner.  Joyce had vowed to win back her laundry money she lost to us a few years ago.  Before leaving Carl invited me to go to breakfast with him and some old friends, so I plan to get up by 7 in the morning.
Before going to bed I got online and made an appointment at a nearby Quest to have my blood drawn for an INR, that monitors my Warfarin level. We also had a call from our grandson, 4 year old Brandon, who wanted to call us on Skype as he wanted to talk to us all by himself.  His little 2 year old sister, Vanessa, was at her other grandma's house for the night.  We talked to him for several minutes before he told us goodbye as he wanted to call his Uncle Larry...he is quite savvy on the computer. Skype is wonderful for viewing and talking to the grandkids and our children.




Looking east from the clubhouse

From the club house looking back toward the main part of the park

I took a few pictures around the park, it's pretty rough.  It's an old mobile home park and there are a lot of full time residents.  It's like a lot of RV Parks we have stayed at.  It has a lot of potential but there is no money for the upgrading it needs. 

That is I-80 where you see the trucks, it doesn't look as clpse as it is, the trucks can be heard all night


No comments:

Post a Comment