Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Saturday July 9, 2011

You can see odd things at caches in Kentucky

I got up at about 8 AM.  We only had 310 miles to go today so we didn’t hurry.  There was a nearby cache, so I walked to the area.  I had put the coordinates in my GPSR, but it wouldn’t calculate the distance.  I found the cache and discovered a travel bug and signed the log.
We left the park about 10 AM.  We stopped in Winchester, KY for groceries and fuel.  Somewhere in Kentucky the time zone changed to Eastern.  Our arrival time was now estimated to be 6 PM. 
We arrived at Rippling waters and were set up by 5:30, in site 10 next to the lake.
Rippling Waters Chapel
The lake now has three water spouts, I guess to keep it aerated.  There seem to be more swans and ducks than two years ago.  It is still a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment