Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday July 3, 2011

I got up and had more trouble with my computer, it works for awhile and then locks up. I have tried running all the maintenance routines I know and even tried to set it back to an earlier restore point. During the times that the computer worked , I started making sure I had everything backed up. I am considering buying a new computer, but I don’t have the install disks for the programs I use the most. I certainly don’t want to buy a new version of Office; the other programs are a lot cheaper. I think I will have Curtis mail me the programs I need if it comes to getting a new computer.

I finally gave up, took a shower and went to church in Gordonville, TX. The church was small and much of the congregation was out of town for the long week end. There were only four people there younger than me. Fortunately I knew all the songs that were sung, the problem was there weren’t enough singers to cover my bad singing. I just sang quieter. I was happy with the church it was a sound faithful congregation. One problem I saw was there were no families with kids. I hope that was because of the holiday. I met and talked to a lady that was born and raised in Henderson. She left the Las Vegas area in 1958. I told her there had been a few changes.

I the afternoon we visited with neighbors, Alice and Keith, they are fulltimers and here for three months. They are originally from southern California. Now they travel to locations within an hour of their children grandchildren and stay for a few months at each place. They leave it up to their kids to see them as much as they want.

They live in a fifth wheel. We gave them a tour of our coach. They have a pontoon boat here on the lake and offered to take us out tonight to see the fireworks that many people shoot off their boats. We declined the invitation; they have a 12 year old grandson visiting. We thought it was better they have the time with him.

Supper was a delicious casserole made from the one pot meal from a few days ago with some additions.

After super, Gerri and I walked over to the Family Lodge. There was a band playing and a bunch of people pulled up on golf carts. We have never seen as many golf carts in one place as there are in this campground.

Verizon Broadband has been very slow today and Gerri talked to a couple of people and they all said the park wifi is very fast.

My computer lasted long enough to finish yesterdays and this Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment