Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Friday July 8, 2011

Since we stayed at Maumelle Park an extra day we skipped my planned stop at Cherokee Landing in Tennessee.  That meant we had to drive 450 miles to Cave City, KY.

We got up at 6 AM and were on the road by 7:30.  I had to stop for fuel not long after.  I figured our fuel consumption for the first time on this trip, 9.9 mpg.

We had a rain storm near Nashville, TN and again near Cave City, KY.  During a stop after Nashville I noticed some water on the front of the slide behind my seat.  When I braked at the off ramp in Cave City, I was drenched on the right shoulder with water from the top of the slide.  Add that to some electrical problems and my computer only running in the Safe Mode.

The rain stopped as we arrived at the Singing Hills RV Park and Campground.  We were assigned space 41, a pull through.  We were parked and set up by 4:45.  We had no plans to go anywhere so I didn’t unhook the Jeep.  This is a nice park with a friendly helpful manager.  I took a couple of pictures including one of the sun going behind the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment