Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Monday July 25, 2011

The motorhome on the left is about the same size as our 1974 Southwind
















No rain this morning.  I gave Kevin the list of things I wanted done or checked. Kevin called the local man he uses for woodwork.  Gary came and measured for the valances to be installed to cover the rollers of the new blinds in the cabin area of the coach.  He also took a cabinet door to match the color.  He plans to have the valances ready for installation on Wednesday.
My next order of business was to make an appointment with Miracle Ear, turns out the audiologist won't be in the Celina office until Friday, so I made an appointment.
We the loaded up my computer and took it to a shop in Decatur, IN.  The tech says the worst case is that he might have to install a new hard drive and I would have to start over again with only Windows 7.  It will be a pain, but I was prepared for that by backing up all my data.
We had lunch at the West End Cafe, a great diner in downtown Decatur.  After that we stopped at the Craft Shop to see about replacing the concrete bench we bought Neva two years ago.  I knocked a big chip in it while geocaching on the dirt roads near Kathleen's old house.  It was in the back of the Jeep when I went airborne at a rise I didn't see in the road.  They didn't have any in stock and promised to see if their supplier has any ready and to call us later this week.  Gerri found a concrete toad she wanted for the back yard.  They will paint it and we will pick it up later in the week.
That's us on the right
John, Kevin's employee, first checked the front curbside slide that has been creeping out at the bottom during travel.  The problem may have been as simple at the brake not being fully engaged.  He then installed the driver and passenger side window shades.  There was some problem with the shades for the screen door and Kevin will try to get new ones shipped over night.
For supper I went and picked up Taco Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment