Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday July 21, 2011

I got up at 6:45 and met Carl to go to breakfast with some of his old friends.  I had biscuits and gravy, the first since Shawnee, OK.
At 10:30 I headed for the Quest Diagnostics in Middleburg Heights, about 7 miles away.  On the way back to the coach I DNF'ed a cache and found two others before the batteries went dead on my Geomate Jr.  Turns out I had no AAA's in the Jeep. 
I wanted to clean the rear of the coach today, but the shade had gone and it was way too hot in the sun.  Maybe when we get to the RV Park in Marblehead, it's further north and on Lake Erie.  Hopefully it will be cooler.
The dinner party at Fat Head's
Carl and Joyce plan to pick us up at 5:30 to go out for supper.  We went to a restaurant named Fat Heads.  Gerri had a Twisted Brisket sandwich.  It was on a bun about 7" across.  Glenna had fish and chips and I had a bowl of french onion soup, only with a different name, and a plate called Parma Karma.  Three types of sausage , fried onions and three pierogues.  Glenna had a little of my soup and and half of one of the pierogues, she said her chips were over done.  I had a quarter of Gerri's sandwich and she had a little of each of my sausages.

Carl and Joyce Wolf
After getting back from supper, we played LRC until ten.  Carl was the winner again.  The Wolfs are getting back the laundry money we won from them six years ago. 
I drained the sewers earlier and I had planned to hook up the Jeep and unhook the water tonight so I would only have to reel in the shore power cord, bring in the slides and retract the jacks before leaving tomorrow.  When we stepped outside to say good night to Carl and Joyce, it was like stepping into a sauna.  I'll do those things in the morning and will only have to cool off once. 


We are only traveling about 60 miles tomorrow, another easy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment