Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Sunday July 17, 2011

I got up and went to church services at the church in Pocatalico,  Gerri was really tired and stayed home.  She hadn't felt comfortable with the services last week.  During the worship service a presentation was made to a member of the congregation and the rest of the congregation applauded.  Today they did the same.  I'm not sure if there is a biblical basis for or against this practice, but in our experience these kinds of things are done outside the worship service.  The worship service is a time to glorify God not individuals.
Back at the coach we decided not to do any visiting today.  I called Wilma Wisnewski and cancelled the tentative plan to visit her and Bennie, Bennie is Ted's (my step-father) only remaining brother.  I also called ed and Lottie to tell them we wouldn't be in.  Gerri wanted to catch up on washing before we head to Ohio on Tuesday.
Gerri did laundry most of the day.  I puttered around the coach.  The only thing of any importance I did was check the tire pressure and top them off as needed.  Since it looked like it might rain the past several days, I have talked myself out of cleaning the outside of the coach.
Tomorrow will be a busy day.  We still need to go to Sam's Club and still want to go by our old house in Blackhawk Hollow.  I also saw a campground on my map that is half the distance to Charleston than Rippling Waters.  I didn't find a web site and the map didn't give a phone number, so I might try to make time to go to Elkview and check it out.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as though you are planning quite a trip. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete