Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Wednesday July 13 and Thursday July 14, 2011


Wednesday
I finally gave up on my computer and decided to restore it to factory settings.  I got the program disks I needed from home in the mail that Dana sent from home.  I had backed up my pictures and other files.   I started the recovery program and there was a built in backup program so I started that.  It was still running when we left for Charleston.  Gerri had cooked a pork roast with vegetables.  Lottie cooked corn on the cob and dinner rolls.  We had a great supper.
We saw a couple of deer on the rad back to Rippling waters.
The back up cycle had ended on my computer, so I started the recovery process.  Apparently the problem wasn’t with software.  The computer crashed several times duing the process.  When it did run  properly I tried to install Norton 360.  It locked up the same as it had been doing for the last couple of weeks.
Thursday
I kept beating my self up with trying o get the computer going, I finally gave up.
Looking south toward the motorhome from the Chapel
The Chapel from the office area
I walked around the lake and took pictures of the campground from different places with my Nikon.  The Nikon hasn't seen much use since Gerri got her Cannon G11 for Christmas.  I noticed right away that the humidity was low and it was very pleasant with the temperature in the upper70's.  Some of the pictures are with this Blog, as always Gerri will post more on her Face Book Page.
Lottie had made an appointment for Glenna to have her done at 3 PM, so we went into towns about 1.  Before taking Glenna to the hairdresser, I dropped off my Power Tank at Air Gas to be filled with CO2.  I use the Co2 tank when the coach tires need topped off.  Air Gas is on the west end of Charleston and Glenna’s appointment was in Rand a few miles east of Charleston.  I had expected to pickup the CO2 tank tomorrow, but the called before Glenna’s hair was done.  After she was done we went back to the west end.
For supper we decided on La Careta, a Mexican Restaurant in Kanawha City.  Good food and plenty of leftovers. 
A quick stop at Lowes to buy a replacement for a water “Y” for the coach and it was back to Rippling Waters for the evening.
I was a good change to have low humidity, it was comfortable all day,
These must be the swans that White Swan Lake is named for

No comments:

Post a Comment