Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Thursday June 30, 2011

Looking NE near sunset



Our first full day in Texas started with me going to the ranger station and getting our reservation to stay until July 6. I also bought a Dallas newspaper, the first newspaper I have read since starting the trip. Not much new in the news; Obama says the GOP are rascals for not accepting a tax increase and the GOP says Obama is a rascal for not cutting spending.

We had no plans for today so it was a lazy morning. It is hot, the air conditioners came on about 7 AM and haven’t shut down all morning.


Looking NW near sunset

At about two we had sandwiches. Later I went caching, I had to promise Gerri that I would stay away from, poison ivy, snakes and mosquitoes. I managed to bag five caches without bleeding too much. Ground Zero on a couple caches was in thick cedar groves so I passed on them.

Gerri made a delicious one pot meal. Afterward we had some TV and computer time and then bed.









Sunset from my window


No comments:

Post a Comment