Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday July 22, 2011

I got up at 7 and started getting things ready to travel.  I went as slow as I could and was ready to go at 9:30.  We pulled up to Carl and Joyce's and they were ready to go at about 10 as planned.
It was a really hard drive 59.8 miles, 50 of it was on a toll road which cost us $7.00.  We were parked and set up by 11:45.  At first it seemed cooler here, but I was dripping by the time things were set up and connected.  Willow Bend RV Resort is on Sandusky Bay.  It is nicer than the park in North Ridgeville.  Full 50 amp service, sewer and city water that has no sulphur smell.  I will fill our fresh water tank before leaving here because we will only have electric in Celina.
There are way too many trees to get satellite TV and we found out we aren't getting anything off the air with the antenna,  I will try the park cable as soon as I cool off.  I cooled off and hooked up the park cable, we still get no picture.  I tried the DVD, nothing there either.  It is looking like the idea to get a DVR on the DirecTV was a bad idea.  Apparently the RV Doctor didn't know what they were doing.  When we get to Celina, I will see if Kevin can straighten it out.
We had pork stew leftovers as open face sandwiches.  We had planned to look around the area while Carl and Joyce visit friends with a pool.  All of us were foiled when thunder storms came up.  It rained for about 15 minutes in sheets, then slowed to a nice rain.   Due to the rain Carl and Joyce came back from the pool early, only to find some leaks in their roof.  There were branches hanging down over the front of their site and must have punched some holes in the rubber roof.  After the rain stopped Carl went on the roof and used a hair dryer to dry off the roof and apply patches.
Yesterday I had a blood draw to check my coumadin level, today Dr. Wirtz's nurse called and instructed me to make a dosage change.  I told her where we were and she found a Walgreen to call the new prescription to.  Carl and I went looking for the Walgreen.  Turns out Areni had called the prescription into a store in Marblehead, MA not Ohio.  I called a Walgreen in Fremont, about 25 miles south, and will pick up the medicine on Sunday on the way to Celina, OH.
We had leftovers again for supper, Glenna and Gerri had the rest of the fish and chips from last night, I had some ribs from the Lonestar and some rice Gerri had fixed.

Christmas in July, Marblehead, Ohio

After supper we went to friends of Carl and Joyce's at a nearby development.  We played LRC until about 9:30 and came back to Willow Bend.  I think we were the winners tonight.
This month the Old Time radio channel I listen to has been having Christmas in July, playing Christmas episodes of many shows from the 40s and 50s.  When we arrived at Willow Bend there were decorations up around the park.  It's Christmas in July here too.  It must be a coastal Ohio thing, two years ago we attended a rally on Lake Erie near Toledo.  That RV park also had Christmas decorations up in July.

As I was finishing this Blog I heard thunder and the rain started before I got it posted.  I hope Carl's patches hold.


No comments:

Post a Comment