Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 31, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 57

I got up about 8 and Gerri slept in. I caught up on bills and played WoW for awhile. I went to see Glenna at about noon. She was still eating lunch. She had walked to the rehab area for bowling, but didn’t play. It wasn’t the Wii game she had expected. I stayed until about 1:30 and encouraged her to go to the movie they were showing at 2.

I did a cache downtown that I had missed twice before.

Back at the RV Park we relaxed for awhile. The weather forecast was for violent thunderstorms, we watched the clouds gather but nothing happened.

I went out to do a few caches and follow up on Gerri’s hunch that there should be a painted buffalo at the airport. I did two caches at the south end of the hill where the airport is located and then went there. The painted buffalo “Four Seasons” was at the entrance.


I went a little north on I-15 and picked up three more caches, I wanted to do more but it started raining pretty hard. That made six for the day and sixty since we have been in Great Falls. When I got back to the coach, Gerri was talking to Dana and the kids on Skype. Brandon was mad about something and not talking. Vanessa on the other hand was not only talking, she now calls us Papa and Meme. She blew kisses and then started to climb all over the desk. Brandon did cool off and showed us his new store bought haircut and Batman underwear.

We went back to the rehab center and visited with Glenna until 8 and then went to a Mexican restaurant on 7th St. It was ok but not as good as On the Border or the Fiesta en Jalisco where we had eaten before.

Even though it rained we escaped the thunderstorms that had been forecast.

1 comment:

  1. We are glad that you missed out on any violent storms. Also it sounds like Glenna is doing well too.

    Has it really been 57 days? Wow!! You maybe beginning to feel like a full timer!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete