Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, July 9, 2010

July 8, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 35

In the morning I puttered around the coach for awhile and then walked over to a cache I had found a few days ago. The log was wet. So I printed up a new one and put it in a zip lock bag. I dropped a travel bug in that would fit the cache container. I have eight other traveler’s and since we aren’t going to Alaska I decided to drop them in this area.

I stopped by the office to ask if anyone else had commented about the poor quality of the cable reception or not getting all the channels listed. One of the managers came to check it out. Before getting to the coach she asked if we had a black cable or white and if I had turned off the antenna booster. I didn’t see why either would matter. She said their cable system often had problems so there must be some differences in white cable and black. I checked and our antenna booster was on, I turned it off. I’m not sure at this point if that was the problem or if the manager did something at the cable box outside. Either way, we now have a better picture and more channels.

I went to the hospital around noon. Glenna was up in the chair and she had just finished lunch. As usual she only ate a few bites. The nurses helped her back in bed and had her lay on her right side for awhile. They move her to help avoid bed sores. I stayed until about 4:30.

Gerri and I went to Michael’s and bought picture frames to hang pictures of the grandkids on the wall behind the passenger seat window. We also bought some fabric coloring pens to fill in a flag of states that we have visited. We bought the flag in ’08 at Farmington, NM and hadn’t done anything with it. After shopping we went downtown to see what the “Alive at Five” activity we had read about in the paper was. It turned out to be a one block street fair with food booths and very bad loud music. It also looked like a chance to drink in the street. We also saw several WalMartians there. We only walked the block and went back to the car. We had supper at the Fiesta en Jalisco restaurant, not bad Mexican food and a lot of it.

We got to the hospital after Glenna’s supper tray was removed. She said she had eaten spaghetti, but I’ll bet it wasn’t much. When we left I ask the nurse to get her a snack later.

Back at the coach we had to run the AC’s for awhile, I think it got to 87 today. My computer locked up and I had to reset it to another date. I also started coloring the Traveling North America map flag. I’m not much of an artist. Some of the colors ran from one state to another. The weave of the nylon is loose and the problem seemed to be with the blue and purple.

1 comment:

  1. Geez, white or black cable? That's just dumb. There are different types of coax, but color has nothing to do with it. You have, I'm sure, a selector box for the various connections to your TV. The antenna booster has zero connection to any of the selections except "TV Antenna". Your crank up antenna. The selector box is just a collection of mechanical switches that connect each input source to the TV. You cannot connect two at a time.

    ReplyDelete