Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 6, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 33

The caravan left this morning. I heard the first diesel fire up at what I thought was 4:30 AM. Turns out my clock had reverted back to PST from MST. The tail gunner left at about 10:30 AM. I guess I should take off our stickers that identify us as part of a caravan.

I visited Glenna in the hospital in the morning. When I got back to Dick’s our new space was ready. We moved the coach. Leveling was a problem because of the slope of the Space. When the coach was level the front wheels were off the ground. I didn’t like that. I tried leveling manually with the same results. The park manager brought me several pieces of 2x6. I put them under the front tires and leveled the coach again. The front is still high but the front wheels aren’t just hanging there, they have some support. The first step going into the coach and the last coming out is very high, even with the portable step in place. I’m going to check Home Depot tomorrow to see what I can get in the way of a double portable step.

The trees in the rear of the space blocked the satellite, so I hooked up to the park cable. Also the trees blocked the use of our flag, bummer.

We went to a Laundromat to catch up on that chore faster than we could in the coach washer and dryer. I left Gerri and went back to the hospital. Glenna was pretty much out of it due to pain medication. I went back to the Laundromat to help Gerri fold the clothes.

At about five PM I got a call that Glenna was being taken to the surgical unit. I went back to the hospital at about 7:15. The surgeon, Dr. Pike, came and talked to me at about 10:15. He explained the surgery and told me that Glenna had gone through it well. He said that she might be at the hospital until the weekend and then taken to a rehab facility. I had previously given out the hospital’s address for cards. It would probably be better if they were sent to her in care of me at Dick’s RV Park, 1403 11th Street SW, Great Falls, MT 59404. That way we can get them to her where ever she is.

I left a message for Todd and talked to Curtis to tell them about their grandmother’s condition. At about eleven PM she was brought back to her room. She was awake and more alert than when I had seen her earlier today. She was also smiling a lot, so I figured that was due to the anesthetic.

I left the hospital before midnight so I could stop at Wendy’s to get something for Gerri and me to eat.

On another note, I spoke to Joan (pronounced Joann) Howeth and she and Alan will be at Dick’s this weekend. We met them last year in Decatur, IN, saw them again in Charlotte, MI and again in Oklahoma City. Alan is the one who got me started making a daily blog. I made reservations for them to be sure they got a space. Another Adventure Caravan will start coming in this week to leave one Tuesday the 13th.. I wanted to be sure there was a space for Alan and Joan. This is a busy place, most of the spaces filled up late today, probably overnighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment