Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16, 2010

I decided to post the rest of the buffalo that we have found.  These were near the hospital complex wher Glenna was first treated.  I also plan to creat an album of painted buffalo on Facebook.


This one is at theUS Bank on 10th Ave.


IGlenna’s care team had a meeting in her room this morning. They reported to the doctor that Glenna is doing well. She does need to eat and drink more. Some concern was voiced over bed sores and more practice in using the tools they provide to assist her in dressing. She has been complaining of hip pain and x-rays were taken yesterday and showed there was no post operatative changes, so new plans for pain relief were made. The occupational therapist wants to bring her to the RV to see what the problems are entering and getting around. That way she will have a better idea what to work on during exercises.

I stayed for the group upper extremities exercises and then lunch. Back at her room she let the CNA put her in bed and let her lie on her side until time for her next therapy session.

I talked to the outpatient registration and had blood drawn for my INR.

I went by the Great Falls Tribune office and shot another buffalo. This wasn’t the one listed in the book.


I went back to the rehab center at about 5:30 after stopping by Arby’s and getting Glenna a chocolate shake. Glenna had eaten all her chicken noodle soup and some of her chicken salad. She liked the shake. After supper Glenna visited with the therapy dogs in the family lounge. Some are cute, some are BIGGG. Back at her room she tried lying down but couldn’t get comfortable. She ended up back in a chair after about 45 minutes. We watched Shreck 3, well I watched the inside of my eyelids for some of the movie and then I headed back to the RV park.

On the way I went by some businesses that had sponsored buffaloes, but didn’t find any. I also stopped and grabbed a couple of geocaches, 5 more and I have found 3000.

Back at the coach we just relaxed until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment