Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

July11, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 38

I got up this morning and went to a local Church of Christ.

After church I went to visit Glenna. She was sitting up and her lunch came shortly after I got there. It was a good looking turkey sandwich, chicken soup, pudding and milk. She quickly ate almost half of the sandwich, all the soup, and over half the pudding. It was good to see her eating better. I stayed until about 2:30 and then went to Home Depot to see what I could do about the high step to get into the coach. I didn’t find anything. I did find a cache in the parking lot.

I lounged around the motorhome until about six and went back to the rehab unit. Glenna had been given a unit of blood to try to overcome a low blood count. Her nurse told me she ate well tonight, a little over half a cheeseburger. When I left at about eight she was watching a movie.

On the way home I did two quick geocaches.

Gerri and I had a late supper of leftovers from last night with shrimp, tomatoes and kohlrabi added.

I spent the rest of the evening hanging out at the motor home.

We received update from Gerri’s brother, Hollis, who relayed the following message: “Saw Mom. She's getting what she needs. Rest. Talked to her Dr. He put 2 incisions in her finger and 1 in her palm. Bandaged her entire hand up to her elbow. Won't be doing much with her hand like that. She'll need new wrappings
daily and physical therapist along with that. Her room is private and huge.  Great care given. New Hospital. People are wonderful. Dr called me on a Sunday. That's different.”

Gerri talked to her mom several times during the day and also talked to the surgical doctor and it looks like she will remain in the hospital until Tuesday. Grandson Chris and wife Cassie are making sure that Neva’s plants are taken care of.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Frank and Gerri, it sounds like things may be coming together pretty well under the circumstances. Joan and I are in Pocatello today but will be moving on to Green River Utah.

    Have a great day and keep working on those steps before something happens and one or both of you end up in a hospital!!!

    ReplyDelete