Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 2, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, ID N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 29, Caravan Day -3

We got our Adventure Caravan stickers today from the tail gunner, John. The stickers identify us as a member of the caravan. There is one on the front and rear of the coach and one on the Jeep. The sticker also shows this is our second adventure. We went to the Rose Parade this year with Adventure Caravans. We are unit number 3, whatever that means or is worth. John said he will be back tomorrow for an inspection.

As of about noon today 16 of the 20 units have arrived and I believe more came in later. There is a social hour everyday at four. We may make it tomorrow.

I took Gerri downtown for a hair appointment and did one cache while waiting for her. I went to the location of two others with no luck finding anything but mosquitoes. After the hair appointment we went to WalMart and picked up several items.

Supper was cleanup leftovers again, very good.

After supper I walked to two nearby caches. Before leaving the coach I found some insect repellant, Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard. I didn’t find an expiration date on the bottle. When the first mosquito landed on me I lathered it on all exposed skin. After that the drillers came by but didn’t land on me, so I guess the stuff is still potent.

Our mail was here when we arrived so I got it sorted today and will deal with the bills tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment