Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July19, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 45

We slept late again today. On the way to see Glenna I stopped and found two caches along Lower River Road. One I had been by twice before. The first time there were people fishing near where I thought GZ might be found. The second time the trail leading toward GZ was muddy and through the weeds, weeds equal mosquitoes. I bushwhacked to within 20’ of the cache and saw I could have walked along the road and about 12’ down an embankment. The other cache was just down the road a ways, an easier one.

Glenna was in her exercise session, I stayed with her during lunch. She ate some but very slowly. When she finished a therapist came to take her to her next session.

When Glenna went to therapy, I went out and found four more caches before going back to the RV.

The weather started going bad, black skies, some rain and wind. Before going to visit Glenna we went to WalMart for a few items. I also did a nearby cache.

On the way to the Rehab Center, Todd called. We talked until we got to the center. We found Glenna in the day room, she had finished supper. I had her call Todd and they talked for awhile. Glenna had a card that Emma and Wyatt made for her and mailed for her to read and enjoy.

There was a repeat of yesterday’s threat of IV fluids if she didn’t drink more. I also check with the nurse about yesterday’s weigh in. They said she weighed 109, when she came to rehab she weighed in at 112. Glenna has weighed about 103, her weight for about a year now. Even with loss of three pound she is right at 100, we don’t want her to get any thinner.

Gerri had cooked beans and ham all day and fixed cornbread when we got home. Fortunately the weather had cooled so the meal was appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment