Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, July 19, 2010

July18, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 44, Rehab Day 7

We slept in late. After getting up we tried to tune into the webcast from Oakey Blvd. Church of Christ. There was no sound. After some text exchanges with Scot Parchman we gave up.

Gerri has wanted to hang some pictures on the wall of the coach of the grand kids. We found some 4x6 frames she liked a week or so ago at WalMart. She picked a place behind the passenger window, between the drape valence and the slide out trim. Finding frames to fit was a chore. Gerri picked out pictures. Not an easy chore, we don’t have a lot of pictures with us. I finally got the pictures she selected printed and into the frames. I also got them mounted on the wall. I used the removable strips. We will see how well they hold. The way the adhesive works it is removable by stretching.



We also bought some over the door hangers for my hats, a la Alan Howeth. The hangers go over the slide out trim and the hats are out of the way. Thanks Alan.


I went to see Glenna after trying to find a geocache that I didn’t find yesterday. No luck again today. I also tried another cache by the river that I didn’t find.

When I got to the Rehab Center Glenna was having supper with two other residents. She had ordered another salad with grilled chicken strips, mashed potatoes and chocolate pudding. She ate all the potatoes and pudding, but only a couple of pieces of chicken and a little lettuce. Sunday is weigh-in time; in her wheel chair she weighed 76.1 kg. She stayed in the chair so we didn’t get a tare weight. Her nurse also cajoled her trying to get her to drink enough liquid. The bottom line is if she doesn't drink more she will have to get liquid intravenously.

I took Glenna’s notebook with me but couldn’t get on the internet. One of the nursing supervisors got it working for me. We had hoped to tune in the web cast from Oakey Blvd. Even though I got on line I couldn’t get the media player to work with the webcast. I called Gerri and she was getting the webcast.

Even though we didn’t sing or have a sermon, Glenna and I partook of the Lord’s Supper in remembrance of Christ’s sacrifice for our salvation.

I left the Rehab Center at about eight and did six geocaches before picking up salads at Wendy’s to take back to the coach for our supper.

All in all this was a good day. We got a few things done and except for not drinking or eating enough Glenna is doing well.

1 comment:

  1. We are really glad to hear that Glenna is continuing to improve. We are praying for her and you and Gerri too of course.

    You give me too much credit!!!

    Alan

    ReplyDelete