Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 7, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 34

After TCB this morning I went to Home Depot hoping to find a two step stool or ladder to make getting in the coach easier. Nothing. Back at Dick’s the manager gave me a cinder block. I put it on the folding step, works fine for me but Gerri didn’t like it. So I’ll keep looking.

Last night the doctor told me he would be making rounds after 3 PM. We got to the hospital at about 2:30. Glenna was up sitting in her chair and said she had lunch that way. She was very alert. I never seen her this active and alert a day after a hip replacement. She was helped back into bed about 3 and slept off and on until her supper was brought in. We spoke to a patient service rep and made arrangement for her to go to acute therapy after being released from the hospital. For dinner she had Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and broccoli, with chicken noodle soup on the side. She ate a little of the broth from the soup and I fed her some of the noodles and about a third of the steak and potatoes. It was the best I had seen her eat since being in the hospital.

Gerri and I left about six and went to eat at Tracy’s 24 Hour Diner. We had Tracy’s special hamburger. A ¼ pounder that was oblong on a sub type bun topped with bacon and cheese. Incidentally Tracy’s isn’t open 24 hours a day anymore, most nights they close at 10 PM.

I took Gerri back to the coach and went back to the hospital. I missed Dr. Pike as he came by at about seven. I stayed until 10 PM. I’m amazed and encouraged by Glenna’s alertness and being awake as much as she has been. I pray it continues like this.

We aren’t out of the woods yet but I am very encouraged.

Remember; James 5:16 “ Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” That include righteous woman too. Thanks for your prayers, past and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment