Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, July 23, 2010

July 23, 2010

From Great Falls, MT, N47°29.386’ W111°19.942’

Day 49

There was an evaluation meeting for Glenna at the Rehab Center at about 10 AM. We decided she would transfer to the Missouri River Manor, a nursing and rehab facility about four blocks east of the Rehab Center. The move was planned for about 5 PM today or on Saturday morning. When Glenna went to therapy I went back to the RV Park.

I planned to pick up Gerri and check out the two buffalo we had leads for. Gerri’s stomach was acting up again so I went buffalo hunting alone. My first stop was Chili’s Restaurant in a nearby shopping center. The buffalo was in a foyer type between Chili’s and a Macaroni Grill.


The Great Falls High School was my next place to check. I stopped on the way to find some caches. I did find one but two others eluded me.

I did figure out why we couldn’t find the high school using the map. I went to the main entrance and walking in was like a step into the past. It was so much like the high school I graduated, it was eerie. A custodian confirmed that the buffalo I was looking for was in a building on the south campus. She said it was locked up and suggested I come back Monday when someone was there to let me in. I drove to where she directed me, planning to mark the location on my GPS. I saw a man locking gates and asked about the buffalo. He not only knew about it he offered to take me there. Of course I took him up on the offer.


We now have pictures of 17 buffaloes, including one calf.

When I left the high school at about 4, I saw that I had a message on the phone. I returned the call and it was the admissions person at the Missouri River Manor. Glenna had been moved there at about 2:30. I got to the Manor at about 5 and had to go back to Benifis to get some of her things.

I went over paper work with admissions and visited with Glenn until a little after 8.

Back at the coach I just relaxed after dinner until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment