Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wednesday. September 25, 2013, Barcelona, Spain

We went tto the restaurant on the first floor for the complimentary breakfast.  We learned a little more each day, we can order eggs made up how you want them.  So far the coffee maker is a mystery.  We have had to ask for help every day.

After breakfast we went to meet with the Princess rep in the lobby.  We have to have our luggage tagged and outside our room at 9 AM.  We have to be in the lobby at 10:00 for transfer to the ship.  We aren't so sure why so early since the ship doesn't sail until 7PM.


On the blue line tour
Our adventures, and misadventures, started at the tram station near the hotel.  Our credit card wouldn't work without a PIN.  We never use the PIN at home, so we don't know it.  Our debit card from the Credit Union wouldn't work.  This morning we had met a couple from San Fancisco, Jim and Jane, that are also going on th same cruise as we are. Their debit card worked so we went along on tickets they bought.

Before leaving the hotel we had bought tickets to ride a tourist bus around the city.  It was a hop on, hop off type tour.  There were three lines available.  We decided to take the blue line tour, it was the middle one in length.  We only got off the bus once to buy water and sodas.  At the end of the bus tour we got back on the tram to go back to the hotel.  When we reached our tram stop we got off, Gerri and I planned to stop at a nearby grocery store for a few items.  That was when I discovered my wallet missing.  

The police station where I reported my wallet stolen
Back at the hotel they gave me the address of a police station to make a lost or stolen report.  I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone canceling my credit cards.  Fortunately Gerri had brought along our Visa card, so we still can charge things until we get the new Master Card.  After reporting to time credit card companies, I went to the police station to make a report.  Of course it is Spanish.  But, hopefully it will do until I can get back and get a new drivers license and other documents.  Since we are not going to be home until December, I asked for the new cards to be sent to the house.

It took a couple of hours to make the report and get back to the hotel.  We had dinner at the Tast restaurant again.  Gerri had a pasta dish with pesto sauce and I had a filet with vegetables and French fries.

Scooters are a common mode of transportation in some areas they are parked by the hundreds
On the blue line tour
Back in our room I finished the blog for Tuesday.  I may not have many pictures on the blogs until we start using Gerri's camera.  Up until now most of the picture I have taken are on my iPad and I haven't figured  out how to get them into blogger.  The internet connection is also very slow in our room. Another mistake I have made, I didn't t bring my computer which I am familiar with and receives pictures from my iPad.  I composed most of this blog on my iPad.  The pictures are from our tour of the city and I have posted others directly to FaceBook.

I gave up and called it a night at about 1 AM.  Gerri had gone to bed a little earlier.




No comments:

Post a Comment