Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Saturday, September 21, 2013, Margate, FL

There was more rain during the night and this morning.  We had our coffee and I made some phone calls making reservations for later in the trip after we return from our cruise and get to Texas.

Gerri went out shoe and clothes shopping.  I stayed at the coach.  I got the wheel covers out of the Jeep and washed them using Orange Clean.  After washing the covers I treated  them with Aerospace 303 plastic and rubber treatment.  I was pleasantly surprised with how they cleaned up.  I had used soap and the power wash on them before with poor results.  This time I was happy with the results, the covers look better than at anytime after they were new.

Before Gerri came home I started to walk to the office to see if there was someone that could occasionally check on our coach while we are gone, Gerri came by in the Jeep and took me to the rest of the way to the office. .  I digress, this morning while paying bills I realized that I had been telling everyone we would be leaving on Tuesday the 23rd and the 23rd is actually on Monday.  That shortens our preparation time.  We made sure that the shuttle was coming to pick us up on the right day, it was.  We left a set of keys for the motor home and the Jeep at the office in case of emergencies.  Jacqueline at the office said she would have the person that would be doing the checks come by later and talk to us.

A very nice gentleman named Peter came by later and we discussed how we would leave the coach.  Peter has a company called Multistar Enterprises, which does this kind of services and cleaning I showed him where the power breakers inside are located.  I also gave him my e-mail address in case we can't be reached by phone.

I made a few more calls about places to stay after we leave Florida and before we get to Texas.

It rained some more in the late afternoon.  Later we had Carnitas for supper.  Gerri did some more packing for the cruise.

We went to bed at 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment