Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, September 23, 2013

Sunday, September 22. 2012, Margate, FL

We got up at 7 this morning and had our coffee.  Our plan for the day was to drive to Celebration to visit old friends and co-workers, Joe and Jody Greenwood.  Joe has suffered quite a bit from congestive heart failure and has been in the hospital several time this summer.  We thought even though it is a long drive we had better take the time while we are in the area and visit with them.

I had to go out and dump the holding tanks.  While I was outside Jody called and had to cancel the visit.  Joe has had a couple of bad nights and Jody may have to take Joe to the hospital today. When we return from our cruise we will be going near Celebration on the way to Lake City, maybe we can take some time then for a short visit.  The problem is that the trip from Margate to Lake City is 389 miles.  That doesn't leave us much time for stopping as it is already further and longer than I like to drive in a day.

Not being gone all day has the potential for cutting down on the packing frenzy this evening by spreading that chore out over the entire day.  Actually, Gerri does the packing and I try to stay out of the way until I'm given a specific task.  I made another pot of coffee.  At 9 AM Las Vegas time we tuned into Bible study net-cast from Oakey Blvd followed by the Worship Service.

In the afternoon I went to fill the coffee water container at WalMart.  I also did four caches while I was out.  I should reach 4200 at one of our ports of call on the cruise.

The packing is nearly done.  Gerri called Princess and made sure our departure times hadn't changed.  I also went on line and printed luggage tags and boarding passes for the cruise.

Gerri fixed pork chops with beans and rice along with a carrot and cabbage salad for supper.

After dark I put in all the window awnings and the door awning.  We both plan showers this evening so I left the water and sewer hoses hooked up.

After cleaning up and watching a little more TV we called it a night.

Tomorrow and part of Wednesday will be spent flying to Barcelona, Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment