Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, September 20, 2013

Thursday, September 19, 2013, Margate, FL

I had a terrible night, didn't get much sleep.  Monday after I cleaned the love bugs off the front of the coach  I was collapsing the ladder and it fell against my right leg. It took some skin off and I bled a little.  I did my usual cleaning and bandaging and didn't think much more about it.  Yesterday evening my leg hurt quite a bit and then kept me awake most of the night.  When I got up this morning I could see more bruising and some redness.   I fixed coffee but then took some antibiotics and a pain pill and went back to bed.  After a couple hours of sleep I felt much better.  I got up and had some coffee while I kept my leg elevated and iced.

Like I said yesterday, we are alone in this section of the park.  This morning workmen came around sealing the asphalt and were surprised anyone was parked here.  They were very nice and parked the Jeep in another area for us in case we had to go out.  They want the sealant to set 12 hours before anyone drives on it.

I got the pocket queries that came in for our cruise entered into the GPS unit.  Some more will come in tomorrow and Saturday, I can only submit 5 queries in a 24 hour period.


Our not so sunny corner of the Sunshine State.
Gerri went out to a Sam's club to pick up a few items.  She had to walk to where the Jeep was parked and find her way out over the windy park roads.


I iced down and elevated my foot most of the time during the afternoon.  Shortly after Gerri got back from shopping it rained some more.

Gerri fixed dinner from the fridge.  Codfish almond crusted filets, Potatoes Au Gratin both from Omaha Steaks along with green beans.

I brought in the suitcases from the basement and Gerri will start getting the clothes that we will take on the cruise ready for our flight on Tuesday.

I called it an early evening at about 9:30 after watching a couple of old westerns on the DVR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment